Wednesday 4 December 2013

Welcome to my [B]logger blog!


Hey, you there. Welcome! 

There are a couple of reasons why I’m here and thought I’d share for my first entry. So grab a cuppa and have a read.

1. I love social media. There’s something intriguing about the process of sharing a thought or a moment, which can then be viewed and discussed across the world. 

So I read and research the current trends and listen to what the ‘experts’ are saying whilst trying out the latest apps and platforms. I’ve also coordinated many accounts over the years in my previous jobs and this has allowed me the opportunity to understand how users engage with different organisations/brands. 

I  use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Google+, Pinterest, Flickr, Tumblr and now Blogger.  

2. I already blog. Over on Tumblr I like to share what I’m mostly interested in on a daily basis but recently I have decided to write more content to (hopefully) entertain a few people or even intrigue them with what I have found. Ideally, I’d like to sort out a schedule or even make a ‘strategic plan’ because I’m super organised like that and after a week or two, I will have probably even worked out my own personal process for blogging.

3. I really like the blogger layout and the fact that it’s connected to my google accounts (mainly Google+ and YouTube), so I know that I’m going to have fun adding my little zhoosh and sharing blogs onto other platforms. 

4. I’m between jobs. Recently the funding for my Fundraising and Communications position ended so to keep busy I have been volunteering with Emily’s CharityEvents and whilst keeping an ear to the ground about possible job opportunities, I thought ‘hey why not?’ – Besides social networking is all about meeting and chatting to new people (both of which I love), so this could work out even better than I thought. 

5. I came across a YouTuber called Zoella, (she is a writer and enthusiast of all things "Beauty, Fashion & Life") when watching a vlog about her visit to VidCon. 

VidCon is a three day event in California for people who love online video; Independent creators, enablers, viewers and supporters of all kinds. 

After watching this vlog, I then couldn’t stop watching for over two hours! She talks about her favourite beauty products, fashion, collaborates with other YouTuber’s and genuinely looks like she is having the most amazing time whilst doing so. Along with her YouTube channel (which now has over 3 million subscribers) Zoella also has a blog which is host by blogger, so I thought I’d check it out and it’s been the final reason for my decision to blog via blogger.

Plus I really love the idea of vlogging, so I’m hoping that I can gain some inspiration from reading her entries and watching the uploads of Vlogmas before taking that next step.    

..So those are the reasons why I’m here and I’m excited to prepare some interesting entries to follow.

Keep smiling :-) 



2 comments :

  1. yay i cant wait to read more of your blog! I love zoella! , Your layout it so pretty btw,id love if we were both to follow eachother?Let me know if you would like to..
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ella, lovely to hear from you. Thanks, i made it last night :)
      Just had a nosey at your blog, it's great & i'm following now! :D
      Krissie ♥

      Delete