Tuesday 10 December 2013

The search for a new job!

I'm currently searching for the next challenge. My aim is to seek out the organisations that allow for progressive development, as I love to learn and set goals, but also where I feel that I can enrich their business environment instead of just ‘fulfilling a job’. But searching and applying is a full time job in itself and I’ve really being exploring what’s on offer throughout the UK.  Fingers crossed I’ll hear back from one or two soon.

I’ve been thinking about making a YouTube video to send potential employers, introducing myself and allowing them to get to know me a little better. Because I’m a networking, people person, kind of girl and sometimes it baffles me how you’re supposed to get all of your qualities across on a piece of paper without adding tons of colour, a bit of glitter and some elbow grease (that bit is to show that I’m hardworking). This is why I encourage ‘potentials’ to check me out on my social media platforms. LinkedIn has allowed colleagues to recommend my  work which gives a slight insight into what my capabilities are, but somehow I think the companies I’d like to work for will want to know more about who I am as a person after they have read about my knowledge, experience and skills.

One thing that bugs me about CV’s..

A couple of interviewers have expressed recently how I’m too over qualified for the job they were recruiting for and that I should leave off some of the experience that is detailed on my CV. How disheartening is that? Especially when I set myself goals when I started university and one of those was to volunteer as much as I could, to experience many event concepts and implement digital marketing campaigns in order to gain tons of practical knowledge. I don’t understand why those achievements should be left off a CV? I might be missing something, so it would be great to hear if others have had the same experience or if in fact, you agree with the interviewers?

I have a degree in Events Management but also have a passion for social media and the way that forward thinking approaches engage an audience through digital communications. So ideally I’d love to find a job that compliments both.

If you’re looking at this and thinking “I know someone looking for a Krissie” then please ask them to get in touch or even take a look at my LinkedIn profile – it’s a treat!

I should be really social media savvy right now and add in a hashtag – let’s see if I receive any job offers with this. #INeedaKrissie or #WeNeedaKrissie  

This blog certainly didn’t turn out the way I’d originally planned, but we can roll with it.

Keep smiling :-)








No comments :

Post a Comment