Friday 24 July 2015

Hotel essentials

In my last blog post, I told you all about how John and I celebrated 9 years of happiness whilst staying at St Paul's Mercure Hotel, Sheffield. 

I don't travel lightly - ever - not even when staying in a hotel located 20 minutes from our house. Plus, i've stayed in that many hotels due to work commitments, that I've perfected my 'hotel essentials' and thought I'd share some of them with you. 

I find to achieve ultimate relaxation when you're staying in a hotel, it's best to surround yourself with things that make it feel like home. 

For me, that would be all of the products that I use in my "down time". 

1. Skin care 

My current skin care routine contains the following steps. 

STEP ONE
On a cotton pad decant the Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover and hold over your eye lid for a couple of seconds before wiping away the eye makeup from your skin. 

STEP TWO
Just like step one - decant onto a cotton pad the Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion and clean the remainder of your make up from your face, using circular motions. 

STEP THREE: 
Follow the same direction as step two with the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner 

STEP FOUR: 
On this particular occasion I decided to opt for the Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Mask to complete my skin care routine. However i would also use the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser after toner. 

You will notice that the products are fairly light weight and that's because it's the Summer and my skin isn't as dry as it is during the Winter months. 

2. Hair care 

At the moment, my go to hair washing products are the OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner and i would always bring my own hair products even if i knew that the hotel supplies complimentary. 

3. Lush essentials

It goes without saying that Lush = Relaxation and if your hotel bath room includes a bath, then you have no excuse then to come prepared. 

I knew ahead of my trip that I wanted to indulge in the ultimate pamper session, so i went out and bought a couple of my Lush favourites. 

Beginning with the bath - no bath is complete without a bath bomb of some sort. Therefore i brought two along with me. 






Once you have the bath sorted, I would then recommend that you jump in and continue pampering your face and hair with more Lush goodies. 





No comments :

Post a Comment