Saturday 1 February 2014

Pot of Positivity

At Christmas I was fortunate enough to receive a beautiful handmade gift from my lovely friend Jo in the shape of a positivity pot. She made the present from scratch by scripting positive messages onto brightly coloured paper, folding them neatly and filling the pot. The aim for the positive pot is that I can pick out a message on the days when I am feeling down and reveal a pick me up to raise my spirits. 

Jo and I have supported each other over the last few years through both the good and the tough times and she knows only too well, how much I try to remain positive, even with a few obstacles in my way. It's because I was brought up to see the good in every situation and my parents always instilled that I should keep the saying 'everything happens for a reason' in my mind. 

Therefore, when the funding and contract for my previous position came to an end, I told myself that it would have a positive impact on my life but finding a job since, in this economy, has proven to be a little more difficult than I originally thought. So keeping me motivated whilst applying for jobs are the short bursts of inspiration, folded up inside the pot of positivity. 

Plus, what makes it extra special is that Jo wrote each individual message by hand. 



http://krissieakrill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/pot-of-positivity.html
 http://krissieakrill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/pot-of-positivity.html

http://krissieakrill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/pot-of-positivity.html


Just lately I've also realised that happiness is only real when it is shared with others, therefore when I pick out a note from inside the pot of positivity in future, I am going to share what it reads in the hope that the message also makes someone else's day. 

Here is the one that I picked out the other day at random: 

http://krissieakrill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/pot-of-positivity.html

H`Happiness fact!
Happiness fact!

When we give to others it activates the areas of the brain associated with pleasure, social connection and trust. Altruistic behaviour releases endorphins in the brain and boosts happiness for us as well as the people we help. Studies have shown that giving money away tends to make people happier than spending it on themselves.


Keep smiling :-) 



No comments :

Post a Comment